Kathleen Sykes


This was the bridesmaid dress that I made for my sister's wedding. It is navy blue charmeuse and jacquard. I drafted the pattern for extra credit for my pattern making class.



This is a bridesmaid dress that I made for my sister. I made the bodice pattern from scratch and I draped the skirt and made pockets for it. The neckline is slightly asymmetrical with a pegged pleated skirt and it is fully lined. It is made of black dupioni silk.


This is a dress that I draped at a workshop. It is made out of an Anna Sui print silk chiffon and lined with yellow rayon. The skirt is slightly longer in the back and has two grosgrain ribbons on the waistband that terminate in bows on the side zipper.



This is a skirt that I made out of red crepe back satin from a 1940's Vogue pattern. The front is shaped like a pencil skirt and the back is pleated at the darts to eliminate the side seam.
(Note: I did not make the blouse, it was purchased at express)


0 Responses

Post a Comment